Wednesday, October 29, 2008

youth group

It's Wednesday again. More youth group. But tonight it a special night. The kids are going to get lost in a cardboard box maze. Yes. I know. That sounds AWESOME! They're going in two different groups - first junior high and then senior high. Darwin's church does this every year and I think it's supposed to be around Halloween time. I'll have to edit this if I get my facts wrong, but you'll never know anyway. I'll do another post b/c Terry will surely take pictures...if he doesn't get lost. Yeah, silly joke, I know.
.
This pic is from last week's youth group. They're (the junior highers) playing some kind of game that I don't even know b/c I was busy with Noah like I always am.
.
What usually happens for Wednesday nights is Terry leaves at 530pm and we follow him shortly thereafter. Some really great ladies make dinner for us all, the leaders and the junior highers. Somebody always takes Evie off my hip and she gets passed around, which she is perfectly happy to do. We all eat and then Noah runs around to play. He could go to Awana right now and he will in the future I guess... But I just really enjoy being able to bring him to part of youth group. Gets to have more time with dad and just have fun. Mostly Daddy though.
.
Anyway, when Terry's about to start on his lesson I load up and head home, put the kids to bed and wait for my sitter (the WONDERFUL Mrs. Brenda Heibner and her daughter Kenzi). Then I go back for senior high youth group, which I help with. I lead a small group for the junior and senior girls. We play a game...and I participate b/c I'm cool like that. We have our lesson. We socialize. We go home about 10pm. Then I go to bed! Tired!

Here is Noah playing air hockey, one of his favorite things to do. He's trying to decide if my hands are gonna stay out of his way or if he can sneak that puck through. He loves it.



No comments:

Post a Comment