Sunday, February 22, 2015

will it float?

A couple weeks ago Noah and Evie were reminiscing about how fun it was when we used to do science projects. Yeah, I kind of got out of the habit because I feel like the rest of school is enough work and therefore, theory is enough for now. Plus, I hate crafts. Perhaps that's because of one of my earliest memories: My folks must have taken me to try out a preschool but never took me back again after I had a meltdown over not being able to cut paper with those stupid safety scissors. Sounds like Samuel...

Anyway, when we did school last week they suggested a very simple experiment. And I took a photo even though it was totally not a big deal. But now my kids know that salt water floats things better than plain water. 



Plain tap water vs 10 teaspoons of salt added to tap water. It floats!

No comments:

Post a Comment