Sunday, November 27, 2016

painting the laundry room

 It's been two years since we completed work on the school room. We tore out the huge fireplace, added car siding, scraped the ceiling of popcorn texture, carpeted, and painted. But while I was painting the hallway, Ezra (or maybe it was Samuel...) threw a small round Ninja Turtle beanie baby down the stairs where it landed, PLOP, in the paint tray! I quickly grabbed it and wiped off the excess paint on the laundry room wall. Ha! It wasn't a big deal because I had already scraped and painted the laundry room ceiling and planned to do the walls as soon as I was done with the school room.



The only problem with my plan was that there was wall paper attached to the lower portion of the wall next to the washer and dryer! 




I thought it was going to be extremely stuck to the wall like the wall paper border in our Gburg house had been. At that time Terry borrowed a special machine from this aunt that steam softened the glue and still it took a long time to remove. Therefore, I didn't think I was up for this job and put it on Terry's honey-do list. My honey didn't get to it for two years. :D That's okay since I felt so done with projects. But this past fall, two years later, while I was working, Terry randomly texted me this picture at work and said, "I got you some flowers." It was the wallpaper! Hilarious. And better than real flowers ;)



So while Terry was gone for the first night of the Fall Retreat, I decided I wanted to surprise him by having the laundry room paint completed when he got home later that weekend. I had Noah help me tape off the floor - that's what he's doing, not vomiting into the toilet. :D



This was how it looked towards the washing machine. See how I had the ceiling all done? 



Several hours later I was finally done!



Goodbye smiley face! 



I liked the yellow just fine but this is better. It's more grown up and looks so crisp and clean. Now we just need to remove that nasty carpet in there... 


No comments:

Post a Comment