Friday, May 24, 2019

tidying up, new couches, track, haircut/contacts for Noah

Back in March/April Terry and I watched Marie Kondo's Tidying Up on Netflix. We liked Clean House back in the early days of Gburg and thought we'd see what all the hype was about. It motivated Terry to declutter and clean his clothes out! Here he was trying to figure out if Luna "sparked joy" or not. 



Again with the joy sparking. 



A few weeks later we both went through our boxes of old things in our upper closets. 



What is it about cats wanting to lie all over whatever it is you're doing?



Continuing the theme of tidying up, we got rid of two old couches, this green one we've had since 2007 when Noah wasn't even two yet. 



And this gray one that was only five years old but was too cold for the schoolroom...and not durable enough for pets.



We bought a set of practically new and very gently used couch and loveseat from our friends Suzie and Eric. 



We moved the old green loveseat and chair to the school room because they are in better shape and warmer. 



I took the littles shopping one day during piano and got us all a snack to share. Look at them running for the Starbucks Java Chip frap. 



It was funny how they were sharing. 



I got them gluten free donuts and they were so pumped. 



Back in November when Luna was last in heat, I threw out a plea on Facebook and Craigslist for a miniature poodle stud since the kids and I would love to have puppies once (notice how I didn't include Terry). I got a reply too late for that cycle from a local woman who has a mini poodle/mini Australian shepherd mixed male dog. She texted me in April to make sure I was still interested! This is her little guy. 



I think they'll make cute babies. I hope it works!



Noah began spring track practices at the end of February and three of his seven meets were cancelled due to cold or inclement weather. His first one was March 28th at Sioux Park. My parents even came.



Noah ran the two mile in 14:26. 



Some video:



He's getting so big and strong and fast. We raked the yard around that time and he was actually a great help. Genuinely good help!




Keeping with the theme of Noah growing up, I was going through old pictures while we were tidying up and loved this photo my sister took when we were hiking at the ranch. 



Noah got his braces off on March 8th. On March 15th he got contacts. On March 22nd he got his first professional haircut (ie, not done by me). 



We also got a driving manual that day too. He's growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment