Wednesday, January 16, 2019

getting ready for Christmas

One Friday in the middle of December while we were watching The Price is Right as a family per usual, Evie randomly made foam crowns for everyone. We were still in our pajamas and everything! Luna's face. πŸ˜‚



She even made one for Trouncer. His expression is so funny and appropriate. "Kill me now," comes to mind, or, "I am plotting your murder," or, "I will just wait."



Just the day before, my mom had randomly stopped by and I took advantage of her magical presence and made the first of my Christmas treats. My fudge never seems to turn out unless she's present, or helping. It was the first time that I'd made my mom's traditional nut butter balls. YUM.



Terry had bought a Christmas devotional book called "Prepare Him Room" that we started up around that same time. Here we are singing a Christmas carol...



...while the littles wrestle the submissive yet unwilling kitty into a snuggle headlock.



That weekend was packed with Christmas parties but the following week I thought of a good gift for me, a haircut for Luna! 



She hadn't had one since the one I gave her at the end of August and clearly was in desperate need. I call her grooming a shorn because she's so curly like a sheep.



Boom baby! She looked so great and I didn't have to do any of the work. However, the following week she developed an ear infection and some redness to one paw, her first problems ever. I didn't and still don't know if it was related to her visit to Snap's groomer (he actually died a few days after getting last groomed there), but regardless, we're not going back. 



That evening, which was December 18th, we participated in a Christmas scavenger hunt like last year. It wasn't quite as much fun since we were all exceptionally grouchy for some reason, but still a good time. Oh, that reminds me, part of the reason I had such a rough night was that I actually had strep throat! I found out the next day and had to take a day off of school to recover. 



The following night I missed the Youth Group Christmas party where this hilarious gift was given to Terry by Kaleah. πŸ˜‚



A couple days later we found that even our friendly neighborhood squirrel was preparing for Christmas by eating one of our old apples. You could see the juice dripping to the ground!



Later that day, which was Thursday the 20th, I had "enough energy" to do school with the boys though it really tired me out. I actually didn't feel better for three days but we got it done...with a little help from fun Snapchat filters. 



Cut little Dwidge reviewing his reading words. 



We laughed and laughed at the hotdog filter. That's me.



All five of us as hotdogs!



And then with fat faces. 



Later that afternoon, despite being pretty worn out we all visited the park with Denise and her girls so we could meet the three orphans they were hosting for a month. Here's Samuel and Luda. They were SO interested in phones and technology. 



The following night I took the plunge and made Terry's favorite Christmas treat, peanut butter balls. 



I always have a hard time dipping them but added enough Crisco to thin it and it worked like a charm. πŸ‘



Trouncer and Luna were sure tired that family pizza movie night. πŸ˜‚



Trouncer was similarly tired the next day, Saturday the 22nd.



Late afternoon Nathan and Ana arrived!!



While they were running around getting settled, we made our very last Christmas treat, spritz cookies. I've had a rough time with those in recent years too so Terry is now in charge of pressing them out. 



Evie and I used the extra chocolate dip for half of the spritz cookies for just meh results. We don't need to do that again. 



Goodnight Elin!



Goodnight Theo!



The following day after church Terry and Evie delivered the completed treats to our neighbors. 



YUM.



That afternoon was spent just chilling.



Elin is so pretty! And so is her mama! 



Quinn is just the sweetest baby. She was eight months old then.



That night we ate delicious beef and broccoli together (my folks came over too) and mom began some prep work on our Christmas/Thanksgiving feast for the following night.



Mer-ower!



All the kids listening to the bedtime Christmas story.



I made a point to take more pictures while Nathan and Ana were here. It's easy to forget because it gets absolutely crazy with seven kids in the house.



The following day, Christmas Eve, was our feast.



It was a tight squeeze that's for sure, but wonderfully delicious. We ate early since we had the Christmas Eve service to go to.



There's Ezra grabbing the advent stocking's last bible verse from what my mom made in 2014.



One more Christmas story and they were so excited for the following morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment