Saturday, November 7, 2009

messy day

Evie had a particularly interesting day a while back.

First she spilled nail polish all over the big room carpet. I was making a blue ribbon apple pie (seriously, it was good) and when I turned around, she was painting the linoleum, which wasn't that big of a deal, relatively speaking. But then I saw that the bottle was completely empty. Uh oh... I went into the big room and there it was. The entire bottle on the carpet.

Just a reminder: We don't own this house. It's a parsonage that we get to live in. Yeah. Of course, it was actually MY fault b/c I left it there on the end table. I am not used to having a child that gets into stuff. Noah just doesn't.

So, mascara and nail polish - OFF limits. Check.

I rearranged. I switched the chairs and futon. Much more cozy. Glad I found something that works best now that we move after the new year...
The spill is right in front of the end table. Can't see it probably. That's one good thing.

Here you can definitely see it. I used nail polish remover but that only spread out the pink. I have since bought a new bottle of that color b/c I liked it so much =) Looks even better in the carpet than on my nails...


That very same day Evie fell into the bathtub - water, toys and brother included.

Terry had just taken her out and I had lotioned and dressed her. Once I was done she ran right back to the bathroom. I asked Terry if the water was high enough for her to touch and he said yes. I promptly jumped up and ran after her. Too late. Just as I got in she launched herself into the water.

It's blurry but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Evie...such a little trouble-maker. Haha I wish I could have seen the bathtub incident. : )

    ReplyDelete