Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2009 tree hunting

Last year was our first time tree hunting outside of a Menards or the good ol' hills of home (sigh, how I miss the hills). But we did find a pretty good replacement in a tree farm last year.

We returned again yesterday despite the frigid temperatures of like 15 degrees. We had to go b/c we had heard it would snow today and they were right - it's not stopped all day, cancelled school and all that. Next year we are totally getting our tree before we go home for Thanksgiving.

At any rate, we got 'er dun.

We are just heading out to the field w/the trees.


These were good sized ones for the kids but Noah said they were too small. Go figure.


It was SO cold that I ran ahead and found one. Here Noah is showing it to us.


Evie is cold and probably starting to feel sick (she threw up after her nap when we got home and couldn't keep anything down). All you can see is her unhappy crying mouth =)


Once I found the tree I had to run back and retrieve the tree cart. I did a lot of running.


Terry just got the tree down.


It was quite a handy cart.


Noah still remembered the little gray kitten he carried around last year so we had to go look for it. Here we are in the barn where they make wreaths. No gray kitty but a friendly enough black one.


Um, excuse me. Did I say friendly? I meant friendly enough for most kids. Noah is a little much even for the nicest cat to put up with =)


The cat would rather hang out with the bear sized Irish Wolfhounds, the biggest dogs I have ever seen. Both dogs were licking the cat after she joined them.


The trusty Blazer.


Cutest squishy.


1 comment:

  1. 15 degrees sounds like a heat wave! We have been below zero for the last week and a half! I'd gladly take 15 degrees.

    ReplyDelete