Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Evie's baptism!

On July 28, 2019, Evie was baptized!



Terry did the short devotional about baptism. It's not a salvific thing, it doesn't save you. It's a picture of a salvation that has already occurred! 



Russ interviewed all the people so we could know they were actually trusting in Christ alone and not in their baptism. 



Evie had already believed that she was a sinner deserving of Hell and in need of Jesus rescuing her from her sins. He did this through his death on the cross where He took on all of humanity's sin and was punished by the Father entirely. He paid our debt, something we could never do through our good works (like baptism to many people). Our good works (like relying on baptism and acts of service or a good life) are like filthy cloths to Him since He is so entirely perfect and holy. But if we cry out to Him in conviction over our wrongs against Him and trust Him alone to save us, He does it. 



Evie's good friend Abigail was baptized as well. 



And so was her mom and my friend Amanda!



Terry even go to baptize Evie. 



Going under the water signifies our death with Christ. 



When we come out of the water it is symbolic of our having risen to new life with Christ in His resurrection. 






Thankfully my mom got a video for me since the video I did end up getting couldn't really see the baptism at all. Mom's video is first and mine is second. 



Abigail coming up. 



And I just had to include her hugging her dad Danny afterwards because it was so precious. 



Afterwards the church went to a nearby park to celebrate and eat a picnic together. Noah's in that tree. 



This is fairly random but has to do with baptism. I gave Evie an old book of mine from high school and college that I used to keep favorite quotes in. While perusing it we discovered that little circled "quote" my dad inserted. I had no memory that he ever did this. It's so my dad, and funny. I must have read it at that time though because I commented "What?" and my sister inserted a translation, "baptize." "You can't baptize a cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment