Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Noah's wall of shame...and jelly

I had planned on being done blogging until after we returned from Mexico, but Noah changed the plan this morning with the first thing he said.

Noah is back to staying in bed until we come and get him. So I grabbed Evie and went into the boys room. After playing like I didn't know where he was b/c he was under his blankets, I sat down with him and started picking at something on the wall. Noah said, "Don't touch my boogers. I love my boogers!"

Yes, Noah has a wall of boogers next to his bed. I should say, Noah HAD a wall of shame b/c I just cleaned it up so I could take a picture and write this post... Note to self, boogers have an adhesive power matched only by dried smashed insects or concrete. I might have fared better if I had one of those magic erasers. As it was, I ended up removing some of the green paint in my zealous cleaning efforts. But I was successful.

When I told Terry about the wall, he said, Poor Noah! Terry was again concerned about embarrassing Noah. Well, Noah, if you're reading this when you're older, just know that you loved those boogers and you didn't know any reason not to (When we came in the room to take these pictures, he said, Where are my boogers?). And remember how your mommy told you boogers are for tissues? Yes, you learned your lesson.

I'll just say that my boy has a big heart. He loves a lot of things: Mommy, Daddy, Evie and Snap, and even the kids walking down the street from school that he doesn't know (when we were outside this morning, he said, Look! Kids! My best friends!).

Okay, and as for the jelly part of the title... When we were at the school playground Monday, Noah fell and scraped his knee. It bled a little so I took the opportunity to explain to him what blood was since he's never really bled that much. Afterwards, he kept calling it "jelly" even though he knew it was blood. I guess it does look a little like jelly on his plate after his pb&j sandwich...

So when we got home and Noah was all sweaty and salty, Snap gave him a good lick-down. Snap went right for the scrape and cleaned it right up. Today while we were outside Noah noticed a little ow-ie on my knee and said that he needed to lick it to make it better... I let him do it just once b/c he insisted. I guess I do tell him that he smells like a dog quite a bit (from wrestling w/Snap) so it was no stretch for him to heal me puppy style.
Noah is showing me where his scrape was.


Here he is showing me how to lick a wound.


And then daddy came home from working out and broke up our puppy party.

Since Evie is teething again, she didn't want to take her morning nap. I made them a "home" to play in per Noah request after playing in his own made of clean clothes on our bed yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment