Tuesday, September 27, 2011

30.

I am 30, as of September 17, 2011. Yup, I've crossed over. I know you won't want to hear about me feeling "old" so it's good I don't. The only thing I was worried about was if the youth would now think I was. Old, that is. And they reassured me that they don't. So I'm good.

I didn't want a big party or anything. Just wanted to hang out with my best friend. So he complied, after his nap. HA! He had been up late the night before for a "5th Quarter" which takes place after a home football game.

Terry got me McDonald's, donuts and a white chocolate mocha for breakfast. Then I had my own personal parade. Or that's how I saw the Harvest Festival parade this year.

Before Terry took me out for a date night (Mexican, shopping and ice cream), he presented me with the cake he made all by himself, chocolate, the cards the kids had made (Evie's was written by him b/c she didn't want to do one - little punk), a new ESV study bible and a Hannah Montana "Have a rockin' birthday" balloon that the kids picked out themselves. My favorite part was the balloon, after the Bible of course.

Noah's card. He's really into stick men and happy faces right now.

Sweet Bible

And my sister sent these all the way from SD. Not sure how she did it, but they were gorgeous and I was touched that she sent them. Thanks Steph!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 30th! Hope you had a great day and are enjoying these "older and wiser" days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet presents!! Happy Birthday - I'm glad it doesn't seem too bad from the other side!! :) I'll join you in a few days...

    ReplyDelete