Monday, November 14, 2011

his ambition...and other stories

Another self portrait of Noah.
Today Noah told Terry that he no longer wants to be a dentist. He wants to be an animal rescuer. And Snap is going to help him rescue endangered animals. We think it had everything to do with the TV show Animal Rescue Terry watched with him for like 10 minutes.

Yesterday after Terry and Noah were done wrestling and playing, daddy held Noah close and told him he wanted to snuggle. You would have thought Terry was hurting him for all the squirming and screaming he did. He yelled that he doesn't snuggle with daddy, only with mommy. When Terry released him, he crawled over to me and snuggled right up.

That behavior goes right along with what he's been saying for a couple months now: That he loves mommy the most. When I try to remind him how much he truly loves daddy (his excitement when daddy comes home, always wanting to play and wrestle with daddy, wondering when daddy will get home, etc.), he tells me that he loves daddy a little, but mommy the most.

Today he dropped a glass and it shattered. I wasn't in the room and after I heard the crash I expected some yelling. When I investigated, Noah insisted that he was going to tell me the truth. After he told me the story, he reiterated that it was the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment