Tuesday, August 14, 2018

the week after MN vaca: school prep, vomiting, YG

The day after we returned from our week long vacation to Minnesota where we visited Nathan and Ana and went to Valley Fair and my cousin's wedding, we did presumably nothing because I have no pictures. Haha. But Tuesday the 24th, Evie accompanied her cousins to the Elks for a movie, The My Little Pony Movie. I believe they have a summer movie program on Tuesdays that Shari signed up for. 



Meanwhile I was hard at work planning our upcoming year of homeschool! 


Ah yes, now I remember the previous day. Frannie came over and we talked school. She and that conversation was a great help. I had some decisions about changes and additions to make and I had my mind made up after that. 

The kids do a lot of writing, but need to learn how to write well. So I added a writing component to our day. I had to make a change for Noah's Spelling since he's done with that. I added Geography because the kids have already forgotten the States and capitals we did a few years ago. The kids need to be committed to learning cursive well so I added a new book there. Evie is starting more intense Latin and Noah is moving on. Noah also needed to start Logic in earnest so I bought the DVDs since I don't have a clue. After I made this chart I realized I left out Science so I ordered a couple new books there too. I believe the following day I made my order and it felt so good.



The following day, Wednesday, I was out to breakfast with my friend Kendra when I got a text from Terry that Ezra had thrown up! He even sent a picture of a lovely pool of chocolate milk on the bathroom floor. 😑 When I got home he just wanted to snuggle and have me hold the bucket for him.  Poor little guy. I think this picture is hilarious now though. 😂



He retched a few times but had mostly emptied his belly. We spent that day resting, watching The Tenth Kingdom, just like when Evie was sick a couple weeks earlier. In fact I was quite worried he had caught her nasty virus, but now I don't think so. No one else got it and it was short lived. He was so cute!



That evening I had planned to take all the kids to the final youth group of the summer at Hart Ranch where there would be a BBQ, swimming, mini-golf, and other fun things. However I didn't want to expose anyone or make Ezra worse so I stayed home with the littles. Evie and Noah got to go though and had a great time - they're in the upper left corner of the photo. 



S'mores! I hate to miss those. Love me some s'mores.



Noah and Evie mini-golfed together. 



Meanwhile at home, once the movie got over, the boys wanted to go play outside for the first time that day. 



Ezra was feeling all better by that evening! He wanted to eat and eat but I wouldn't let him take in too much. He was jumping and playing like normal though and the next day he was totally recovered.



I discovered a new mini dahlia bloom that evening, Koko Puff.

No comments:

Post a Comment