Monday, December 31, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Thanksgiving fell early this year on November 22 and it was the first time I'd ever made the feast all by myself. Well, Evie helped a little.



We had to go to the store several times because I kept forgetting things. Then Terry went the night before for a last minute essential addition that I hadn't been planning on making and then changed my mind for, Pretty Pink Salad. He had to visit two stores since Safeway was completely out of the ingredients we needed. I also made a gluten free pecan pie, which is my new favorite for the last few years.



The weather was again nice, though not as warm as last year when Nathan and Ana were here, so Terry spent his time putting up Christmas lights.



Noah helped a bit and the littles played. That's Samuel in orange up the sidewalk on his inline skates.



I loved Terry's idea for the bike this time, and it was so much simpler than hanging it on the deck last last year



Cutie



That day was precisely my parent's 38th wedding anniversary and they wanted to go away and do a special outing. They left the previous day for a day of fun around the hills before staying the night at the Spearfish Canyon Lodge and then eating a special Thanksgiving buffet at The Latchstring Inn. They stopped over at our house on their way home but were too full to eat anything more. 



The turkey took longer to cook than anticipated and the gravy gave me a run for my money, but I got it all done in the end. It took three times to get it right but #worthit. YUM.



As you can see, it turned out to be just our little family for the meal, which was kind of a bummer. It felt super weird to be alone. But the food was delicious and I didn't have to clean up afterwards.  



We still did our traditional turkey leg picture with Terry and Evie. 



I don't know how Ezra grows since he pretty much doesn't like to eat at all. The punk. Dinner time in an eternal battle at our house. However, he did try the Pretty Pink Sala and he even liked it!



Terry stripped the turkey for me! Now that was an act of love.  



Meanwhile I put my feet up, someone handed me the kitty, and I was in my happy place.



After everything was cleaned up and it was dark, we went outside to see the lights. I like how the bike looks like it's climbing a hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment