Saturday, August 29, 2009

more laundry woes...

This time, my laundry woe results from my own lack of watchful parenting.
.
The incident took place in our bathroom this morning while I was showering. So at least I was in close proximity when the incident took place.
.
On a side note, I've totally been meaning to get a child proof thing for the drawers in our bathroom b/c discipline isn't enough to keep Evie out of them.
.
Terry found her in our room in front of the mirror getting pretty like a big girl. What exactly is on her face you may ask?
.
WATER-PROOF MASCARA!!! .
She's a smart one. She figured out how to twist the thing to open it. Honestly, I'm not sure if Noah could figure out how to do that now, at four years old. He would just ask me to do it and not try it himself.
.
You can even see it on her leg above. And I was originally concerned that she was sucking on it b/c that is something she would totally do. But as you can see from the close-up, she didn't. She painted her upper lip, but didn't put it in her mouth. It was on her shirt, in her hair, on her thighs, even in her ear!
.
So pretty right?
.
Since Evie was getting her picture taken, Noah wanted to as well. Notice how clean he is...
.
Here is her shirt. She just painted it!
.
Here is what I used to get it out - and Shout and a serious scrub brush. Did it work...?
.
YES! Note to self: Prevention is key.

.

Oh yeah. How did I get it off of her? I put her in the bath and smudged it all away w/some very appropriately named baby oil - and soap. For her hair, I just kind of scraped it off between my fingernails...

1 comment: