Monday, January 11, 2010

january heat wave

I'm probably a whiner (on facebook I was like "boo hoo. my kitchen is 61 degrees"). I know that compared to some places in the world, the weather we had last week wasn't that bad. Like Canada for example...or Watertown SD where my brother and Ana were last week.

But dude, it was frigid here (-15 below wind chills) and we felt it even in the house, which we were bound to all week. So we were all pretty ready to get out. Today we ventured into the balmy 43 degree sunshine.

There was still snow everywhere but it was getting all squishy feeling. You know, as opposed to squeaky. When it's squeaky, you know it's cold out.

Here is Noah at the green slide spinning the brains around in his head. I think this is why he is so silly - 5 minutes straight of spinning =)

When we were done at the green slide we didn't quite feel like going home. So we walked around the school and south again to the softball yellow slide. Here Terry had to maneuver around a large drift on the sidewalk by going up the hill to the swimming pool (Noah has been frequently asking if it's summer yet and going by this place didn't help).

Good thing I put their boots on, eh?

Evie needed a little help getting back up to the landing. After this her cute little footprint path was sufficient in aiding her though.

I was surprised Noah made it up the climbing walls w/his boots. Way to go buddy!

Poor Snap. He came along for the walk and was probably having a good time until Noah wrestled him down the slide. Don't worry, I stopped him after this.

Climbing up the rope ladder.

I don't know what this thing is called. You hang on to it and then push yourself to the end. Terry had to push Noah but he held on pretty good.

Oh, and all these pictures were taken on my cell phone. I think they're pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment