Sunday, May 9, 2010

week 1 progress

It's been just about a week since we began working on the house. Quite a lot has been done, especially if you look at the kitchen, which has pretty well been torn apart.

Here is JoAnn, my lifesaver in the kitchen. She and Herb showed up and took initiative in the kitchen. I told her that I hadn't been expecting any help so I was so very blessed to have their help. She has taken off all the cabinets to sand, wash, prime and paint them. The next plan was to take out the breakfast bar and remove the hanging cupboards and soffet. Here, the cupboard have already been removed - and it opens up the kitchen wonderfully!

JoAnn also scraped all the old Formica off the walls. It was a back splash and it was original I think!

Kathy came and helped paint Noah's room. She is an expert trimmer! Brenda also helped me prime one day. I'm so thankful for ALL the help we've been given. I feel so blessed.

Here is the main living room all primed. This wall had been red so it required two coats! And ha ha, you can see Herb in the dining room beginning to take out the breakfast bar.

Good bye breakfast bar! We are going to get new counter tops and extend it to where the bar came out to.

Kalli joined us one day =) My kids are doing so great while I work on the house. They play outside, mostly in the sandbox. I'm a little concerned about this due to previous cats... We need new sand soon. But anyhow, Evie naps in the downstairs guest room so I have been spending every afternoon at the house working.

Herb also removed the small desk thingy that was here as well as a cupboard that went up to the ceiling. He had to patch the wall too =) And we'll need some more wood to put on the outside of the pantry.

Good bye stove. Dr Dave is like an amazing carpenter handy man and is gracious as to help us out. You can't see it in this picture, but he has done some work on the "shelf" where the stove had been sitting on (it was a small one) so a new one can take it's place.

Good bye fridge

Good bye dishwasher

Good bye carpet

Here is Evie's completed room. It's green and pink, like her current one. I still love the colors.

Here is Noah's room. The color is like a gray blue. And I have to find some new kind of fabric to put in those shutters, which I do like!

Here is our Soft Moss room. I love it. Plus, it should match a couple of our comforters.

No comments:

Post a Comment