Friday, July 16, 2010

Storybook Island

Peek-a-boo baby. Where are you?

So, another stop while we were visiting home at the end of June was Storybook Island. Here we are at the top of the castle. My grandparents lived very close to Storybook Island when we were young (and still do), so close that we would often walk here. We had a system to the place. We would do everything, all in a specific order. First up was running to the top of the castle:

But alas, my kids do not care for my order =( Ha ha. So we went through the park "backwards," beginning in the little children's part. I always wished when I was older that I was allowed in... Sigh. Now it's not so fun for me!

Doesn't he look so excited? It was hot. And my kids were sleep deprived and quite cranky the entire trip, especially little Evie.

Wheeeee

This is a new addition since I was young - the train. You have to pay a dollar to go on this little loop and it takes no time at all to do, but of course the kids want to do it. When I was little, there was NO WAY we would have been allowed =) But grandparents soften in their old age. He he!

101 Dalmatians. They love that show. I would have thought they would have been more excited to see them...

Noah's Ark happens to be a favorite of Noah's...

Flying Stephanie

Even though I was far too large for this slide, even as a skinny child, it was one of my favorites. My kids were less than impressed...

Noah is getting acquainted with Tigger at Pooh's tree house. I loved this place as a kid. LOVED it. Sadly there was were hundreds of daycare kids at the park so it was way crowded and not as enjoyable as it could have been. More dangerous than anything!

This is one of Noah's favorites. I can't even remember the name. You climb the stairs in the little house to go down the slide. Up and down, up and down they went.

Dragon

1 comment: