Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Nine months pregnant, I was not allowed to travel for this Christmas. So 2010 became our first one alone, or without our close family. It actually wasn't as sad as I thought it was going to be. The worst day was the one where my family arrived at my parent's house all together. But Christmas was okay.

We got up later than normal - awesome right?! Let their kids discover their filled stockings (a new tradition for us). Next I cooked our traditional breakfast - coffee cake, of course. Then it was time for presents! We even had gifts from my parents since Terry parents had just been here the previous weekend and brought them.

Here's Terry instructing the kids where to look for the photo =) As you can see from the window, we did not have a white Christmas. We've only had two dustings of snow this year!

The first gift they opened was Zuzu pets. They were a hit, until they began opening other presents... And doesn't Snap look excited in the back?

Terry got lame clothes from me. But hey, he needed them.

Noah has recently started enjoying Cars again (he went through a Cars phase at 2 years old) so he was really excited about this gift.

Uncle Nathan and Aunt Ana got Evie some little princess things which she enjoyed - and they went well the the princess shirt she was already wearing!

Noah did a dance over this gift from my parents - an airport.

These might have been the #1 gift though: Pillow Pets!!! Noah was so very happy with his puppy. Thank you Aunt Stephanie!

And Evie loved her Unicorn - or "Corn" as she said for a while.

She got a couple Ponies from us

Daddy got mommy a nice necklace. And you can see the bracelet the kids got me. He was so upset yesterday when he discovered it in the bathroom at the end of the day (I forgot to put it on). Apparently, I have to wear it everyday.

A Tinkerbell outfit from my parents - Evie calls it a butterfly

An art easel from my parents

After our time alone together, a couple from church, Larry and Cheryl, invited us over to hang out with their big family for the afternoon. We had such a nice time. And the prime rib didn't hurt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment