Friday, April 1, 2011

first haircut

Evie turned three big years old yesterday. It's a crazy thing. How is it the days are so slow but the weeks, months and years are incredibly fast? That's how it goes.

At any rate, this little squish had never had a hair cut. Not one strand. I've been wanting to get it done for months and months but couldn't decide where, when, who. I finally just went with the gal who cuts Terry's hair here in town and she did a great job. And we did it on her birthday to make it extra special.

Evie did wonderful. She was so still and quiet and obedient. Actually, it seemed like she was really sleepy or something. But she perked up as soon as we were out of there.

Perhaps she was just aware of the significance of the situation. It's not every day a girl gets her hair cut for the first time.

I kinda forgot all about french braids until she started doing one. I have to start teaching myself again. It worked great to keep the hair out of her face, especially since hers is always coming straight forward into her face.

Applying a finishing touch of hair spray over the spiral curls. I have never thought of curling Evie's hair. Probably b/c I never do mine like that and I'm lazy. But I should. It was precious.

Sigh. She really does look big. And so beautiful. Oh yeah, like her bling? She put on every single piece of jewelry she owns.

Oh, and that was a new dress too. She had an extra special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment