Tuesday, May 15, 2012

safety first

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very transparent and real person. I share this by way of introduction to a major mommy failure of mine that I don't want to forget.

Samuel fell out of a Target cart last week.

Yeah, not pretty. I thought we'd all go to Target for some fun...turned out to be zero fun. I was looking down at some pajamas for Noah. I looked up to ask Noah what he thought of them and saw Samuel stretching out over the cart. I dropped the pajamas and reached out for Destroyer Samuel, but it was too late - he was falling. I just missed him. He fell head first and I scooped him up too late. My parents came and got the two older kids (another good reason for living in the same town as them) and daddy met us at the pediatric clinic. Doctor said he checked out fine. She advised us just to watch him for signs of concussion or bleeding (vomiting, clumsiness, sleep difficulties, etc.). He showed none of these symptoms over the weekend and so I judge him to be just fine.

He was so fine, in fact, that we took another trip to Target yesterday, Monday. I've learned my lesson. ALWAYS harness the little punks.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Noah has been flopping off of all kinds of things he shouldn't lately. I think they go through very clumsy stages.

    ReplyDelete