Monday, December 3, 2012

2012 tree hunting

Now that we're home in the good ol' Black Hills again, we could once again go on a real hunt for a tree, instead of going to a tree farm like we had for the last four years in Nebraska. Not that Heins Pines wasn't fun, but I sure do love a nice Charlie Brown spruce tree. Makes me feel rather homey and nostalgic. Terry, on the other hand, really could care less. So it was upon my asking nicely that we go up to Hills and hunt. He was okay with it only if we left Samuel at home with my mom (he had been extra naughty and would have made the trip absolutely no fun. thankfully, all the discipline is working and he is doing better now.).

After our initial attempt down a logging road came up empty, we struck gold on the other side of the highway. Here's our winner on the side of a hill. The hill made my legs looks freakishly long, as if my feet were a part of them. Disregard that.


Terry carrying it away. I'm sure it made him feel extra manly. 


I was so relieved to have found a tree so no one could make us go to Menards or something boring like that. I'd like our kids to enjoy this as a tradition! Plus, it gives Terry extra reason to be fond of his beastly Blazer and it's handy-dandy trailer towing capabilities.


We got to work on decorating the tree right after lunch when Samuel was napping. We're pretty mean to Samuel.


Noah did a good job trailing lights behind me and getting new ones hooked up.


Evie just sat around enjoying her bunny tree that daddy made her.


Don't worry. See, Samuel did get to enjoy the tree...once it was all done. We have to keep a close eye on that boy. He'd like nothing better than to re-arrange every ornament he could reach, which he's done a lot.


All done!


Later, Terry succumbed to the neighborhood peer pressure to put lights on the house (the neighbors two houses up were both doing it). Plus, I suggested it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'm impressed! People actually go out into the woods and find their own Christmas tree? I thought that only happened on Christmas Vacation and Duck Dynasty.

    ReplyDelete