Wednesday, May 9, 2018

6 years in Rapid City

Before the day ended on April 14th, I gathered the kids on the back deck to commemorate the day - it was SIX years since we moved back to Rapid City from Gburg. 
I liked the first two photos because Samuel was being such a silly boy. His blurry face makes me smile.


And actually, on today's date, May 9th, 2007, we moved from Rapid City down to Gothenburg, Nebraska! I was just telling the kids that eleven years ago today we moved down there with only one child, a very small two year old Noah. Once we got over the shock of leaving our families and completely starting over, we really loved it down there. It was a tough decision to leave. I still think of our friends down there often, especially on days like this, and miss many aspects of our former life. So on April 14th we left with two more kids, seemingly endless stuff, crying many tears. 



We moved into my Grandpa's house, which is now sold (still so weird and sad to drive by it now) and then three months later moved yet again, but into this house where we added Ezra to the mix. I can't believe it's been six years. That's the longest that Terry and I have been anywhere together. Clearly we're still fairly young but who knows what comes next! Though we are very happy here. I would be so sad to leave family yet again, not to mention my lovely Black Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment