Wednesday, May 9, 2018

first signs of spring

Our final snow storm (knock on wood) took place on April 13, and three days later, it was half gone.




Ezra loves being outside. It's always like that when the kids are little, the littler they are the most they like being in the backyard. This particular day I followed him out there because he had hauled the snow shovel over to the largest snow pile, filled it up, and then pulled it over to the slide. He then took handfuls of snow over to the slide...



...where he packed down the snow in the slide. It was like he was making a luge, continuing Terry's work where he poured fresh snow over the slide and the kids busted through it when they went down the slide.



This is the pile of snow Ezra took from but the irises were coming up behind it. A month later, the irises are half up and every time I look at them I am reminded of that snow pile.



I thought the green was so pretty. All my perennial flowers were starting to emerge from the ground too. Except my salvias which I dug up and threw away last fall. I hated the dumb things because they breed like crazy. I spent some time today digging up more tiny little babies. I'll put new things in soon.



I turned around and discovered the cat was enjoying the spring for another reason...



...because of the expanded litter box. 😹😹😹

1 comment: