Thursday, October 16, 2008

the puppy

As our friend Krista so eloquently put it (about her son and dog), Noah wants to be a dog and Snap wants to be a boy. This morning when I went in to get Noah up from bed, he said, "Woof woof" and then jumped off his bed and into my arms like any good puppy would. When I let him down, he then crawled into the bathroom to go potty woofing as he went. He woofed and crawled to the breakfast table where I fixed him his usual banana and cereal.
.
He likes his cereal dry and on a plate, not in a bowl. I then went to do something and when I came back into the kitchen, he was eating the cereal off his plate with his mouth b/c dogs of course don't use their paws. So I told him, "Noah use your hands!" and then I paused to think. What kind of messed up command is that? Eat with your hands? Come on momma. My son, not dog, should eat with utensils, right? Well, I guess we'll have to work on that. At any rate, I think eating with his hands is better than eating with his mouth right off the plate.
.

Noah is starting to not like his naps anymore...again. But I still put him in there for time on his own and time on my own. When he really doesn't want to go down, he cries like a dog. Once I went in there b/c he was really crying. He was saying something and he had to calm down a little for me to understand him. He was just crying "WOOF! WOOF!" He was really, actually, totally crying but he still doing it as a dog.
.
Noah also fetches and plays on the floor like a dog. He's got a specific "stick," which is actually a long plastic unfurled handle from some toy that I can't even remember. He doesn't like to share this stick with Snap, even though it really should be Snap's toy. Whenever Snap plays with it, Noah takes it away. I have to tell him to "share with Snap." For goodness sake. Noah even took it to the red slide at the playground yesterday, though thankfully he didn't carry it in his mouth.
.
He's a complete puppy. Even in that picture his hair is imitating a dog. Don't you think it looks like puppy ears? Maybe Wolverine... Classic Noah hair thanks to his daddy's genes.

2 comments:

  1. They also look a little bit like horns.... What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought puppy hair right away!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete