Wednesday, September 23, 2009

homeschool and SYATP

This is how Terry's day started: 7am at the school for See You at the Pole. There were about 20 students there, most of whom Terry said we know. So proud of those students =).
.
So dark eh? I was at home trying unsuccessfully to get back to sleep.
.
Here I think they are almost done. Significantly brighter.
.
So, we decided back in the spring that we were definitely going to home school. The next step was choosing a curriculum. There is a lot out there which was overwhelming. I talked to all of my friends who already home school to get their opinions. That was helpful. I knew I really just wanted something that wasn't a whole lot of work - making my own lessons or going to the library to find books.
.
So we decided on Sonlight for at least this year. And this year is only preschool so it's not too big of a deal. Well, it's a big enough deal that I wanted to be more serious about it though. I'm an oxymoron.
.
Anyway, I think it's a good one (not that I know much). It's all included though, the books and the plans and the wardrobe (he he), so that's just want I really wanted.
.
We ordered two days ago and it arrived today! Here are pics. Notice Evie's super cute garage sale shirt? Love it.









As a bonus for me, I received the required home school denim jumper with the books. Pictures to come soon. Just kidding =0. How awesome would that be though. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment