Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shadows

.
So, Terry loves the David Crowder* Band. He listens to them all the time. They just came out with a new album and I love it. Previously, I had not been the biggest fan. Just not my favorite =). I liked the music, but just didn't groove with his voice for whatever reason. However, I am taking it back after listening to this album, Church Music. It is so good.
.
I was feeling pretty low on Thursday night. Terry was listening to my tearful thoughts as we were listening to the CD. It just hit the spot. And it continues to do that.
.
I'm still feeling sad and this song, Shadows (sample here), is really encouraging. So simple and so moving:
.
Life is full of light and shadows,
Oh, the joy and oh, the sorrow, oh the sorrow
And yet will He bring day from night. And yet will He bring dark to light
When shadows fall on us,
We will not fear,
We will remember,
When darkness falls on us,
We will not fear,
We will remember,
When all seems lost,
When we're thrown and we're tossed,
We'll remember the cost,
We're resting in the shadow of the cross
.
.
JOB 1:20-21: At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."
.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment