Friday, July 29, 2011

dungeon makeover - before and afters

I've already posted these on facebook but have to make them blog official.

When we moved into this house just over a year ago, we re-did everything except one bathroom and the lowest level, also know as "the dungeon." Terry came up with that name, of course, and it had sort of become a catch all area. But we planned on making the dungeon into a home school and work out room. However, it was so gloomy that I wanted some serious fun paint colors down there. I came up with the idea all on my own (I have to give myself props b/c I am not usually creative) and I love how it turned out.

Before: The view coming down the stairs

After: COLOR!

Before: Looking toward the school room half of the room

After!

And here's a shot with the shelves and school books on them.

Before: This window is very small and we only get sunlight through it in the mornings.

After. I got the curtain at Target. We sold our old desk and futon at a charity garage sale.

Before: You can see the desk and futon here.

After

Hall before

Hall after!

1 comment: