Tuesday, July 5, 2011

my sister's wedding

My sister, Stephanie, married her fiancee Steve on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011. They planned and carried out a very small, intimate, casual-ish, beautiful ceremony in Spearfish Canyon in front of Roughlock Falls. Stephanie and Steve are both reserved, preferring smaller groups of people so that's how they planned their wedding. It was perfect for them. Not a lot of work involved either - the most labor intensive thing was the flowers - wild flowers. I was worried they wouldn't find any but they found some great ones and we made some beautiful bouquets, perfect for the setting.

Only family was at the ceremony. Their premarital counselor and my parent's pastor, Pat, performed the wedding. He did a wonderful job. Here we are waiting for Stephanie to arrive with my dad. No music except the falls. And boy oh boy were they loud!

I think Pat is wrapping it up. Rings given, vows recited. Time for the kiss.

Hanging out afterwards for pictures. I loved my hair. Good ol' E-Clips! I liked the dress Steph picked out for me and Ana too.

New family picture. Christmas card material?

My brother, Nathan and his wife Ana were only 5 days away from their 2 year anniversary. They're so cute. Here you can see the falls better.

Too cute are they!

I don't know how single parents do it. Terry was such a help with the kids. Plus, he recorded the ceremony. Oh, and Samuel was cute during the wedding. He was supporting his head with his hand as if he was so bored. Oh, and you can see my pretty bouquet here.

Steve admiring his ring. Love it. He got Tungsten like Terry and Nathan. And see how his flower is in his pocket? It would not stay pinned. Oh, and he got married in his chain. Haha.

Kveene's

On the way outta the canyon Terry put the kids on this boulder.

I think it's time these kids had some of their own!

Stephanie imitated Evie over the air conditioning vent. What a lovely dress.

Piece of Cake cake. YUM. Just like at my wedding.

Two Steve's.

The small reception was in the Latchstring Inn, a restaurant in the Canyon. Perfect again.

Noah walking towards me. He was ready to go.

Steph's going away dress. They drove to Fort Collins from there. How pretty her hair was!

Terry's family represented. I love this picture b/c it shows how different these two baby cousins are. Samuel requires a lot of distraction. Grace is just incredibly laid back.

Love that dude.

Time to go!

They rented a car since they were going to be doing a ton of driving in the west on their honeymoon - they camped.

Afterward, we were all feeling like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment