Sunday, August 21, 2011

laundry room before-and-afters

I have been accused of being addicted to painting - and to paint chips...and the fumes. Really though, I think I'm just addicted to before-and-after photos. I love it. Plus, you know, it's fun to change something and be pleased with how it turned out.

I had already transformed the dungeon into a fun school room last month and all that was left wanting was the laundry room. I wasn't too concerned about it but I had all this leftover paint. And since I wanted to put it away (from the floor and my mind), I decided to just git-r-dun. Plus, we had some fun - we painted our names on the concrete floor.

This is the view of the laundry room before from the hall. I didn't mind the yellow cabinets only they were pretty dirty, in need of new life, revitalization, transformation. You get the idea. And the white walls were blah.

This is an after photo, but from farther back so you can see how the room matches the rest of the dungeon, or as Noah says we can now call it: The Fungeon.

The after view from the door. We will be replacing that light but I couldn't wait to do this blog!

Back wall before:

Back wall after. I had painted the entire wall orange to begin with but with the combined brightness of the cupboards, it was seriously burning my eyes. So I added the white stripes. Now it's fit for a carnival, which is what laundry is anyway.

Corner and coat rack before:

After. I won't point out my mistake on this wall but you probably see it. I am bummed but will cover it with some snow pants. This is a leftover color, Butterup, from our other house - the big room. I completely used up the paint so yay!


There was another photo that I took of the wall with the door but it won't work. But it was a light, bright green - the same from Noah's old room. I used almost all of that paint up as well!

And here is the view of those cabinets before! Notice the nice particle/cardboard stuff below the cabinets.

After! This is what I like the most. Very bright and cheery. Like everyone has been saying, this is going to make laundry fun now...

Oh, and I painted inside the cabinets as well b/c they needed it. Like my overflowing laundry shoot? Yeah, couldn't do any of it this week since this room was incapacitated. Guess what I'll be doing next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment