Tuesday, July 24, 2012

my sorting

I love Harry Potter. I'm not a crazy fan who plays Quidditch for Muggles or anything. But I was curious about which House I'd be in - you know, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

So I did a google search and discovered that there were a lot of House quizzes out there. And then I discovered Pottermore (see, if i was a crazy fan, i'd already know about pottermore). And to me, this seemed like the legit way to go since J.K. Rowling was involved. When I told Terry about my House interest and my internet search, he scoffed and so I held back for a while until my curiosity just had to be quenched.

So I logged on to Pottermore and discovered that I was, of course, magical. I muddled my way through the first five chapters until I got to The Sorting. I answered the questions as honestly as I could and was horrifically shocked when they said I was a Slytherin!


I was not having that. Even though I'm not a crazy fan, I was a little upset by this result. I complained to Terry and instead of making fun of me, he sided with me. He said that the sorting hat obviously hadn't taken my wishes into account, or else I would have been in Gryffindor, since Harry also faced a similar undesirable outcome. Afterall, I was thinking "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin" in my mind the entire time I took the test.

So I deleted my entire account and started over. I was relieved to be sorted, more appropriately, into Ravenclaw. Anything but Slytherin is fine.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Methinks you must have an evil side that you're not telling us about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's possible... since when my sister-in-law took the test it gave her a choice between slytherin and hufflepuff and for me, it did not. :(

      Delete