Thursday, August 31, 2017

end of July - Luna haircut, staff dinner, biking

I think it was the day after we returned from our six day vacation in Red Lodge that I gave Luna her second ever haircut. It seemed like it was 100 degrees every day and was taking Luna forever to cool off if we went for a walk or she played outside. I was worried about her being too hot so I shaved her down. I really like her fur longer but not when the curls are so distinct. She needed a bath and to be brushed here.



She was far less cooperative than she had been the first time I groomed her. I don't know what was up with that but it was frustrating. I got her body shaved down but she wouldn't let me near her head or legs and feet. I had to use the scissors for all that. It took forever!



Finally all done.



She was a much cooler and happier dog I think. 



She was cracking us up afterward the way she was chasing her tail. I don't know what her deal was but she doesn't usually do this. 



A couple days later on July 27, we went to Paul and Jana's for a staff dinner. It was really nice to see everyone since we were still on sabbatical at that time. We had driven the Chrysler New Yorker out there that night after Terry had it all spick and span. And then it rained buckets while we were eating, which was awesome for the drought and so fun to watch in the covered porch, but the Chrysler got dirty again on our drive home. Figures. 



The Wednesday before the end of sabbatical I went on a longer-ish bike ride with Denise and Jazmin at Bulldog, outside of Sturgis and the Black Hills Cemetery. The trail was all up and then all down, which was quite fun, plus we had good conversation as always. This is the field on the other side of the interstate where we stopped for Jazmin to attend to something on her bike. I left her to take in the pretty view.



The girls laughed at me for taking a picture of the cows hanging out around Denise's car, but I thought they were pretty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment