Tuesday, August 22, 2017

July sabbatical pics

After returning from Utah and California in almost-July, we didn't do a whole lot besides work on the Chrysler. Rest, we did a whole lot of resting. We didn't even have to help with VBS like usual. It was definitely strange just dropping our kids off, minus Noah, and leaving. It felt sort of wrong not to at least help, but at the same time, kinda nice! We thought, "So this is how everyone else feels!" Then we had to fill our time. One night we went to Menards to get some boards for shelving that Noah wanted in his room. We spent quite a few minutes lounging in these zero gravity chairs. Very nice.



One neat thing about sabbatical is that it freed us up to attend a few different churches, something that we can never do since Terry works at our church on Sundays. We went to Hillsview with Terry's folks several times (and Rimrock with mine, South Canyon Baptist, and Fountain Springs with Katie). Twice at Hillsview Evie wrote on their little prayer request cards and though it was very sweet we considered not submitting it since it wasn't common knowledge. But like Gandalf said to Pippen when he volunteered to fight with Gondor, "I did not hinder it, for generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel." He's a wise one, that Gandalf.



Another VBS night I watered my flowers and sent pictures of how lovely they were...and our neighbor's lonely cat...to my family.



I'm glad I rediscovered these photos because a hail storm eight days ago completely shredded this front bed, including my new hydrangeas that we doing so well!



After watering I took Luna down to Canyon Lake for a little walk.  



She's such a good girl! This was where Paige took those beautiful photos of us last fall.  



It was a beautiful night. It was nice to be out on my own. 



Luna was enjoying the breeze on the way to pick up the kids from VBS and it cracked me up. 




Meanwhile daddy and Noah were working on his shelves. He needed more room for his Lego collection. Oh my...



A few days later, after watching the Price is Right like we always did, Evie whipped up some kind of  knight's tournament for the littles. I love Ezra's expression. "Yeah, I'm awesome," or, "Yeah, you better watch out," or more likely, "Quit looking at me, I don't like it." His medal reads, "Winner of the knight fighting" and includes the Moana Heart of Tafiti. Ha ha ha!!!



A few days after that, just before we went to Montana, I went mountain biking with Denise, Jaz, Mary, Kyle, and Zeb. We went not far from here up Nemo Road but it was a new trail for me called Howling Beagle and rocky Cookie Monster. It was fun. Kyle, Mary, and Zeb were practicing good trail etiquette and clearing a fallen tree.



Atop Norris Peak. Why am I the only one who looks funny in their helmet? It's like my face is too big for it... Or maybe I just have a big head.



I enjoyed this flower trail side during one break. I am always grateful for a break. 



We had a quick cloudburst the day before we left for Montana that produced a double rainbow. Luna kept following me in and out and I thought she looked so cute.



Pretty rainbows!


No comments:

Post a Comment