Wednesday, February 7, 2018

homeschool swim day & Grampa's bday

On January 12, two weeks after we went ice skating during a frigid weather snap for a special homeschool rate, the weather was much the same, so we went swimming at the Swim Center for another reduced rate. It was so cold outside, but for those two hours I was a little too hot. Since I didn't swim I was able to take pictures like I hadn't since the older's birthday party in 2014. It was fun for me. 



Evie is a little less photogenic in those goggles though. Ha!



Terry stayed pretty near Ezra who couldn't touch, but also Samuel who has much to learn.



I like Noah halfway under the water in those goggles. 



Noah and Evie spent most of their time together swimming and diving. Perhaps you can't tell from this video, but Evie has actually come a long way in her swimming abilities. I think swimming at our Zion RV park and California last summer helped with that.



Swirling around the whirlpool



They all moved over to the floaty shell thingy. 



I like Samuel's expression here.



Cute little Ez. He was the only one with a floatie helper. 



It was just enough for him to be able to float along in the river. I thought his little kicking legs were so cute.



Floating down the river.



I believe I sent these next two photos to Nathan and Ana suggesting we come here the next time they're in town. 



We practically had the whole place to ourselves.



The following night was pizza movie night and it was the kids' first time seeing ET. Terry's cousin Jackson sent it to us for Christmas after we stayed with them during sabbatical and he discovered we'd never seen his favorite childhood movie. Terry's hamming it up for him. :)



The next day, Sunday, after church we went to Shari's house to celebrate Jerry's birthday.  



Isn't that cute? 



Noah whooped us at Phase 10 that evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment