Saturday, February 10, 2018

Buzzards with Kendra

The afternoon after Ezra won the Stick Horse Rodeo I went for a hike at Buzzards Roost with my friend Kendra.



I had been here only once before, last year on Luna's maiden hike. And curiously, when Kendra and I went on January 27, it was actually the exact same weekend that we went with Luna last year! 



When Terry, the kids, and I came before, we didn't know how to get to the primary lookout, but Kendra showed me. :)



Kendra set up her phone for this photo. I like it. 



And I took a selfie for us. Eeeee. 



It was a super bright and clear day but frigid. We were both underdressed so thankfully Kendra had backup layers in her trunk.



After we finished at the lookout we continued west to the rim trail that we had taken last year. 



Cute Luna Loo. 



Kendra took our picture.  



Luna can't be touched or petted without trying to get a lick in, the silly girl.



When we reached the end of the rim trail, we didn't want to go back yet, so we meandered down a half lost Jeep trail, and then sort of got lost (between miles two and three). We used Google Maps to try to figure out how to get back. It was fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment