Monday, February 5, 2018

wash, dry, fluff, play

We give Luna and the cat a bath every week or two and since this particular bath fell very near the very first time we ever gave her one last year, I decided to take some pictures.



Look at her silly, fluffy head. Her fur is three to four inches long and is always finding it's way onto my pants.



Rewind to that very first bath, back when she could fit right under the shower tap. What a good girl.



I usually wash the cat so we have no pictures of that, but afterwards when Terry was reading the blog to the kids, the cat warmed itself on his lap. 



Wet cat...and wet lap.



Fluffy puppy



The following day was Sunday, and after church we went into wrestle mania mode with the littles. Luna wanted to lick Ezra's face and the cat just continued to sit next to me through all the thrashing. I thought Terry's faces were hilarious. Obviously.



Noah took some video. I like the glimpses of the cat's belly, just hanging out there. 



A couple night's later Ezra wanted to hug the kitty to sleep. 



The following week the cat joined me during quiet time.



We had to put the cat on a diet early on because he would just never stop eating and was getting mega fat. He's still fat but is more hungry. He will clean up anything on the floor probably faster than the dog. Plus, the dog can't reach the table...and though we spray Trouncer with a water bottle, he is always on the lookout.



See?! He's such a scavenger!!



Here is Mega Fat Belly luxuriating during school in Noah's room (the kids like to snuggle with him in there while they read).



The next weekend Terry was going through some old things his folks had returned to him from his younger days while they were cleaning up their basement. Ezra thought Terry's old's Jets helmet was a perfect fit for the cat. The cat did not agree.



Noah took this one night before they went to bed.



He likes being a lump. 



He puts up with soooo much.



Last Wednesday I let the dog and cat out after returning from church but the cat never returned after an hour or two. I called and called but since it was after 10 and we were going to bed, I thought I would walk down the road and look for him. I finally found him two doors down when I heard a very faint meowing coming from between two houses. He was hiding under our neighbor's pine tree. The punk. No more night time outings for him.



This last Saturday Terry was gone all Saturday for a men's event and I went cleaning gung ho. Besides cleaning the entire house, I gave the boys haircuts and baths, and then washed the pets. Look at Luna's curls and the cat's outstretched leg! 



Last night was the Super Bowl and the cat spent most of the first half sleeping on one person or another.



Evie's turn. She's wearing my glasses because after her optometrist appointment last week, we discovered she has the same prescription that I used to have



One more of the fluffy puppy and we're done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment