Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Evie's 10th birthday!

On the very last day of March, which was a Saturday, Evie entered the double digits. That girl is ten now! I miss my little baby squish but the big version is a lot of fun. 



Her cheeks might be a lot smaller, but her growth in all other areas makes up for it. She is such a joy. Oh, and I don't know what all those brothers would do without her. 



The day began early with prayer at our house. Denise, Zoe, and Jazmin stayed to sing to her awake like we do traditionally.



"Happy birthday to you!"



 Picture time! Pictures all day long!



She's queen of the world this day! 



Zoe and Luna 😂 



Leftover fundraiser Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast. 



Shortly thereafter I had to go to work so I don't even know who took this photo. Probably a Little. Terry's crazy eyes always make me smile. 



Before I left I gave Terry some birthday ideas of what he could do to make her day special. He did more of them than I even suggested. Just like I did last year, he went and picked up Abigail and Elle and brought them over for some friend fun time. Thankfully they were available at the last moment! I believe one of the first things they did was make a list of everything they were going to do. Ha! That's so Evie. Next, since the following day was Easter, they made themselves a little Easter egg hunt. Terry also prepared for the following day at the ranch.



Next was presents? Here's a card from one of the girls.



A little rubber band gift too.



Again like last year they played outside for a bit, it just wasn't as nice out.



 There's Elle on the end.



Play time in her room came next.



Terry knocked it out of the park by taking them ice skating last. How will we ever top this next year?  



From the pictures and video I've seen, it seems just about everyone took a turn pushing Ezra around 



Mandatory zamboni skating break. 



Cute girls on one side.



Cute boys on the other. 



They held hands like that just about the whole time.



After our last skating excursion where Terry was barely treading water with five kids on the ice, I was surprised he was up for this. It was much less busy though and the littles did better than before. 



Ezra looks like he's about to fall.  



Crazy eyed selfie with the trio. 



What a nice big brother! 



All three girls pushing him along. 



Hey there's Samuel! 



He took a lot of video. Here's just a few.



This one is short but it cracks me up.



In the van now and headed to drop the girls off.



Back at home I think they played some games while her gifts got wrapped. Thumbs up from Evie.



When I got home I made cake, frosting, and dinner. It was a lot of work but at least I didn't have to go ice skating and all the rest like Terry! He helped out by icing the cake.



They played Rummie while I cooked.



All done.



It had been a year since I last made quiche, and I did it again just for her. I can't eat eggs anymore without a bad stomachache so I just had leftovers. Everyone else loved it. It used to be one of my favorites too. Sigh. I miss eggs.



She was happy with it.



Here you can see from the sticky note that Evie won their game.



While we waited for everyone to arrive Terry and the kids read lots of books.



Reading, reading, always reading.



Finally Gramma and Grampa K along with Shari and her girls arrived and we celebrated.



Happy birthday to Evie!



Blowing out those candles.



The filmed version.



Ezra painted her some pictures. That's another amazing thing Terry did that day. Painting requires some work and patience for us parents.



"Noah" (ahem, me) got her a little Shopkins car.



Bubble bath from the cousins.



More Shopkins stuff along with Calico Critters furniture.



I like Terry's expression for Sarah.



Gulp!



Shari was at the kids table. He he he. Happy birthday Evie! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment