Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the finicky boy

My boy is so silly. He is so perfecting and exact and picky. For instance, when he plays in the pool he doesn't want to get his hands wet. What happens when this inevitable thing happens (b/c he's in a pool of water!)? He wipes them on the house. Nor does he like his cars to get wet (again, in the pool...) so what does he do? He whines (ah ah ah) and waves them at me indicating he wants me to dry them off. I did once, the first time, but now make him use his own shorts. He's the same at the table - if he gets anything on his hands, it must come off now. Grass on his feet - oh no.

But here's the thing I don't understand. If he doesn't like getting dirty, why doesn't a wet or dirty diaper bother him? He really could walk around all day in a dirty diaper and not care. But to get his hands wet he freaks out. I just don't get it. I would like to get the potty training under way, but he has absolutely NO interest. I guess it's diapers until he's 14.

So anyway, the pictures below are another example of how finicky he is. I was in the guest bedroom on the computer and he was bored and decided to get out the mother's day stuff he and Terry had been working on and have yet to complete =). I don't know what it is, but there's markers and crayons involved. So I went and asked Terry if it was okay for him to do it and when I go back in there after a while and he's done, this is what I found:


See how the markers and pencils are all lined up in a perfect row?

But what a pretty picture.
Here's the boy watching tv - his FAVORITE thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. That's my OCD nephew!! :) Quite the artist I might add!

    ReplyDelete