Tuesday, January 4, 2011

as for that mess...

We had three parties at our house this weekend - New Years Eve, Rehmerts for pizza and a youth group leader Christmas party. After we had three nights of all those messy shoes piled up on towels at my front door, we finally caved and got a rug.

How lame to write a post about rugs, but I'm quite excited about them. And I like having an excuse to take photos of my cute kids. And this will show off how much they love their pillow pets, a gift from my sister.

Here is Evie on the front rug with her Unicorn and blankies. It's nothing spectacular - the rug that is. But it's big and it's sturdy and it will keep our wood protected (Terry installed that himself you know). Put shoes there.

Noah is on the back door's rug with "Sacko," the name of his dog pillow pet. I have no idea how he came up with that name, but he's actually remembered it so it's here to stay. And so is the rug.
Oh, and on a side note, when Noah needs help putting Sacko's strap on to change him from a pillow to a pet, he says, "Help me make this into a cuddly animal." I think it must be from the commercial. Where else would he get such a phrase? Or perhaps he's smart...

2 comments: