Monday, October 31, 2011

pretty evie

So I've been thinking.

I have been doing a ton of posts on Samuel. He is the baby and he's quite irresistible. But we have 2 other kids. It's true too that I have been doing a fair few posts about Noah, the eldest. But what about the middle child, the rose between two thorns, the pretty Evie?

She is the one we call Little Squish. Though she hasn't been very squishy since she started walking. She is 3.5 now. And she weighed in at 37 pounds this morning on the Wii Fit.

I thought she looked like a grown up girl in this photo so I made it black and white.

Another pretty girl picture.

She and daddy had been playing drums with sticks and even though he went back to work, she kept playing with her drum sticks. It's good for the imagination.

Not quite sure about that camera...

Distracted by...sticks.

"Keep away from me!"

I like her. She always makes me laugh. She's so original, just the way she says things. It's hard to explain. When she blows daddy a good night kiss she used to always say (about the kiss), "It's dancin on yur heeeeaaaaad." Just the way she said it was hilarious. She says lots of things silly like that.

Also, she does a lot of squawking. I used to think she sounded like the suicide bombing Angry Birds. But there is a better comparison. It's the sound Toad makes on Super Mario Brothers Wii when he comes back to life. It's a squawk. She sounds just like it.

Today as I was putting Samuel to bed Evie followed me in there on her knees, wanting to give him a hug and kiss (like always). However, I didn't want to squat all the way down to her on the floor so I told her to stand up. She said, "Tigers don't stand up."

I always tell her, "Evie guess what?" "What?" "I love you." B/c I do. She's my favorite girl.

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl!! I find it so cute that you say the "Guess what?!" to Evie. I say the exact same thing to M. all the time..... Such great kids we have huh?

    ReplyDelete