Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Skunk


Noah has a beanie baby skunk that he loves. His Gramma K gave it to him. Just a few days ago, he told me that he was in love with his skunk (who, by the way, doesn't stink even though his technical name is Stinky). Evie has her pink bear and Noah has his skunk. They sleep together, go play outside together, read together, eat together. You get the idea. He loves his skunk.

Two days ago Noah was telling me some weird story having to do with his skunk. I had just worked out and was tired and busy with dinner so I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. The only thing that registered was "Skunk...toilet." Noah day dreams, a lot. This sounded like the kind of thing he would dream up so I dismissed it without a second thought.

However, after Terry got home and came back in from playing in the back yard with the kids, he shared with me this same "dream" in more detail...

They had been jumping on the trampoline with Skunk as the primary play thing. They were bouncing Skunk and Noah was bopping them on the head with it. Terry realized that Skunk was damp. He asked Noah, "Is Skunk wet?"

Noah, "Yes."

Terry, "Why is Skunk wet?"

Noah, "Because he fell in the toilet."

Terry, "Noah, was there pee pee in the toilet?"

Noah, "Yes. But it's okay. I washed him. With water."

Terry took that skunk and threw him out of the trampoline. When they came in he threw Skunk on the door mat and told me the story.

I guess I should listen to my son a little better.

And this should have been my expression when Noah tried to tell me what happened.

And this was Samuel's reaction ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment