Friday, December 16, 2011

2011 tree hunting

I think this is the third or fourth year we've got our tree from Heins Pines, a local tree farm. They're generally more expensive than say, Menards, but it's so much more fun to walk around and choose a tree since we can't hike in the Black Hills (sad face). In years past we've been poorly outfitted for the cold weather so we took the necessary precautions this time and had a good time.

There they go, walking down the aisles of trees. Evie found a stick.


Samuel was the warmest in his body suit, blanket, car seat get-up. And he was the cutest.


We seriously considered this one...


And I liked the palm tree-ish feel to this one...


Noah is trying to grab Evie's stick as she stabs it through the tree.


We posed in the nativity outfitted with real live llama and baby donkey ("llama face! Yay! I'm a llama again!" Sorry, I just can't help but bust out The Emperor's New Groove when I see llamas).


Noah was afraid of the animals. Evie was brave. To give him credit though, I was afraid of the llama. Don't they spit? It was eyeing me funny...


I love going out there. They have this stream going through their land and some trees and it's so pretty. Reminds me of home. And the kids had fun on their old playground equipment.


Hide and seek in the imported Michigan trees - apparently they had a drought affect the trees in the field. We ended up buying one of these. Nicest tree we've ever had.


1 comment: