Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

Last Christmas, I was hugely pregnant and therefore, we didn't travel anywhere. This year Samuel was a nice 10.5 months but we still didn't travel home to SD. We stayed here and even though in the days leading up to the big day, I (we) felt a little bummed about it, we still had a good time alone together.

<----- Look closely at the snowflake shapes. My sister made them for us!

The first thing the kids did was open their stockings and only their stockings. We had to do church so we didn't want to spoil the fun with a rush. Then we had delicious coffee cake. Noah said, "This isn't so bad mommy." Why thank you son. He'll come around to appreciate my food later I guess. Afterwards we had church. Then our replacement grandparents, Larry and Cheryl, had us, another couple and friend over for lunch. Prime Rib baby! So kind of them.

Finally at 2:30, we caved into the kids asking to go open presents. They had done SO well to not complain and whine and waited very patiently. So we headed home, Samuel went down for a nap and we dug in.

Terry got lots of fun stuff, but the most stylish perhaps (not judging by this photo) was this corduroy sport coat, blazer thing.

Evie got many fun things as well, the most favorite probably being a Polly Pocket slide thing. But here is her treasuring her giant yellow angry bird courtesy of my sister Steph.

Noah's favorite gift is the Hot Wheels wall track he got from my parents. Samuel got a cool singing, interactive Bear and a new car seat. And I guess we forgot to take more photos during the unwrapping. But here's the mess afterwards.

Coming from around the couch you can see a more detailed mess.

I always loved playing in the wrapping paper afterwards and so do my kids.

Here is my favorite gift. From Shari. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment