Friday, April 27, 2012

birthday babysitting and cookies

Noah turned seven years old when we had not even been in Rapid for a week, on April 19th. One of the enticing things about moving back home was family, of course - grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousin (i hope "cousin" will be in the plural someday. ahem...). But, unfortunately, on Noah's actual birthday we weren't able to do a party b/c we were all busy - Terry and I had youth group that night and all the family had previous plans.

I had agreed to help out Shari by watching the singular cousin, Grace, for the afternoon but that was no problem. The girl is so easy. I wonder if we ever did have a fourth child what the chances would be that we'd have a laid-back child like her? Because adding her to our brood was easy peasy. The chances are probably not good since none of my children are even remotely close to her temperament...

Noah lost his other front tooth on his birthday. He is now Toothless. You know, How to Train Your Dragon?

I felt bad that we weren't doing anything special for his special day so I thought I'd attempt to make cookies in the strange "new" kitchen. The recipe is famous in Gburg (several students mentioned them in our appreciation video) and it takes one pound of butter and six cups of flour. Nom nom nom.

I didn't think any of my cookie sheets would fit until I tried, thus proving myself wrong.

However, the 60 year old oven runs very hot and burned my first two batches at 350 degrees. This oven takes a learning curve. So do the range burners since my mom burned a pot to it's melting point. At least the birthday boy got half a batch of good cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment