Monday, April 9, 2012

city egg hunt

I had never taken my kids to a city Easter egg hunt before. I don't think I've ever been to one myself either. Well, maybe once. So I went ahead and took them to the softball four-plex this weekend while Samuel was napping at home with Terry, who worked on his sermon (his last here!).

The egg hunt was just okay. Here they are just waiting around for it to start, along with hundreds of other people. Yeah, didn't notice the giant smudge on my lens until afterwards.

Evie went first. She went for the eggs. Mostly there were nickels inside them. So she got like 40 cents, plus some candy.

Noah picked up mostly candy from the ground. Overall, it was a very "Meh" experience but I think the kids were pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that looks crowded, but fun!

    Our city had an Egg Drop - they dropped 10,000 eggs from a helicopter!

    We didn't go, but I've been curious ever since as to how that exactly worked... how didn't they bust open? Did they hit kids in the head??

    So many questions, so little answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that sounds highly superior to our little city hunt. i didn't mention that it was crazy windy and lots of parents were ordering their kids around. i caught myself telling Evie was to do once and stopped myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete