Tuesday, April 24, 2012

grampa's house

Okay, so this post has a lot of photos. I'm putting them up to document my Grampa's house where we are renting and possibly buying. Also, in case we don't end up staying here, I'll have photos to remember this house where I spent a lot of time as a young little punk - hence the dated-ness of the house. Circa 1954.

Here's the back porch. All the stuff under it is headed to a second hand store this week.

The yard used to have a lot more trees but they're gone now, unfortunately.

I started a backwards from the end of the house. But here is our bedroom - it was originally my Grandma's. I omitted the charming ceiling mirrors... There is a small bathroom attached and large walk in closet. Floor length pink curtails too.

Here's our/Grandpa's bathroom.

This is the hall pink bathroom that was for Gramma. She had polio and was confined to a wheelchair.

This had been my Grampa's bedroom but now it's Noah and Evie's.

This was always a guest room and now Samuel's in there. What's neat about his two closets is that a light turns on when you open the door - an electrician built the house.

Here is the living room/den. My Gramma used to have her recliner and TV in here and my dad's side of the family had Christmases in here. Our big couch is a tight fit but it works.

TV and internet are set up here. The stove insert works I think.

The front door is across from the living room. The formal dining room is here but we've made it a little sitting room because our table is too big.

Continuing down the hallways is the kitchen and front room.

1954 kitchen. I didn't think my cookie sheets would fit in the oven, but I discovered they do! However, the oven is extremely hot and burned my cookies at 350 degrees. Also, the range burners are really hot too. My mom melted a pot and it dripped on the floor and scorched the linoleum!

Here's our dining room looking in to the kitchen. It had been Grampa's TV room but Gramma had another recliner out here as well. There's a sliding door to the left that opens to a cool covered deck.

You can see our van out front.

Turning around from where I took the last photo is the laundry room/pantry. A door to the right leads downstairs to a full basement.

I cleaned this basement up big time and it looks pretty good right now. I even vacuumed the old pool table.

This is the view from the other side of the big room.

The other half of the room. That door leads to my Grampa's office.

Behind where I took the last photo is a hall leading to the other two bedrooms. The left door is the utility room and across from it is another bathroom.

Cold bathroom.

Small bedroom filled with our stuff.

Large fifth bedroom filled with more of our stuff. We used to always play in here as kids. There's all sorts of built-in stuff.
It's a very large house!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where you all ended up. I remember spending some time here with you. Hope you are feeling more settled in and enjoying all the extra time with family.

    ReplyDelete