Saturday, April 7, 2012

easter eggs and kidnapping

I'm terrible about doing crafts, even something as simple as dying Easter eggs. It's just not my thing. But when I saw the dye at Pamida, I unselfishly thought of my kids and went ahead and bought some. It's a good thing I did because I used it as an excuse to get Terry to come home early from work. It was necessary he be home early so some students could kidnap him, forcing him to have another party with them (last night made three parties in one week. what can i say? we're enjoying our last week here!).

Long story short, our Easter egg craft worked out.

Evie applies glitter.

They were supposed to be tye-dyed but didn't really turn out like that. What was nice about them was that we added color drops to the eggs in a bag. Very easy. My kind of craft.

No, we didn't allow Samuel to help. His new nickname is Destroyer Samuel after all...

Also, Samuel freaked out when they students came for Terry. Poor little guy. Noah and Evie were prepared because I told them what was coming, but you can't exactly do that with a 14 month old.

So I was instructed by Jon to leave our back garage door open along with the dungeon door, which is accessed from the garage. While Terry was playing a video game with the kids, I went to the garage to place a dirty diaper out there and saw all 7 students filing down into the dungeon. They scared me! I proceeded to grab the camera as nonchalantly as I could before they burst up from the dungeon and attacked Terry.

Once they took him to Jon's house we played Balderdash and several sliver producing games of Sardines in Jon's large, unfinished house. It was a fun night.

And here is the kidnapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment