Sunday, October 15, 2017

a lazy weekend

I don't know what it was, but the weekend after D2S Live found us extremely tired. Maybe we needed to catch up on rest from a nonstop previous weekend and week, but Evie was legitimately sick. Terry and I had prayer group that Saturday morning, September 30, at 7am, and we could just not bounce back. So we laid around all morning.



See the poor sick Evie? I caught her cold a week later and it really knocked me down too.



Some snuggling selfies with Samuel happened little later. 



I don't know what I was thinking, but while Terry (and Noah) were gone for some forgotten reason that afternoon, I discovered some previously unknown energy and took the littles and Luna on a walk that turned into a two mile run. Evie stayed home to rest. We were pretty darn tired out when we returned home.



I went into the back yard to stretch and discovered that all the flowers and butterflies were so beautiful. I ran around taking pictures. My pretty zinnias.



I believe the butterflies were painted ladies and not monarchs... 



Look at her blue/teal furry body!!! 



I could even see her little tongue proboscis! 



Zinnias from the other side. 



Zinnias from above. Now in mid-October my pretties are all dead. :(



I discovered that our first cantaloupe garden crop was doing pretty amazing. 



Look at those melons! Even one nestled in the bush by Noah's window! Oh and let me tell you they were delicious. So juicy and flavorful.



The following day, Sunday, was a weird one. Evie had a fever and didn't feel well enough for church. I felt very strange too - dizzy, feverish, so very tired - so we both stayed home from church. Right before everyone came back from Pizza Ranch we introduced Trouncer the kitty to the great outdoors, otherwise known as our backyard. 
Check out our large carrot crop he's running next to. Home grown carrots are rather yummy too.


Trouncer loved it. I had to block up all the exits out of the yard since I didn't want him to escape yet before he knew where he was and could make his way home. I would like him to be a part time outdoor cat but since this excursion, he's not very excited about playing outside. Maybe because Luna always chases him like crazy. Maybe he needs to be a little older. 



He rather enjoyed rolling in the dry dirt under the corner lilac bush. 



My flower gardens were not as beautiful as last year, perhaps because it was such a dry year and perhaps because they took a major hail hit in August, but finally in September everything was blooming and pretty.  



Evie took on the role of a French cook, complete with accent, and prepared a special plant dish for the kitty to eat. He sniffed at it. 



He didn't eat any like she was hoping but he did get some stuck on his lips. Ha! 



Bright yellow eyes.



The kitty had escaped out the back door a few times previously and gone straight over to this deck post to scratch and climb. That's one way to get away from the dog. 



Dumb cat just has to learn how to keep away from an overly playful puppy. 



We kept a close eye on the kitty. 



Playing by my irises. 



Back in that dirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment