Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Noah's braces go on!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 was a day of special significance - Noah got braces! Neither Terry nor I, nor anyone in our immediate families have had them, so Noah is the first person in the whole family to get them.



The dentist and orthodontist said he had a bad bite and if it wasn't corrected he could grind down his teeth. His teeth aren't very crooked, but he has a deep bite where his front teeth go too far over his bottom teeth. This is what he looked like before. Last summer the orthodontist put on a permanent retainer to hold the space while the rest of his molars came out. It worked like a charm. They took it out a couple months ago and then it was time for braces...



During... Ha! He'll kill me that I posted this, but it's too cute not to share.



And after! His teeth and mouth hurt pretty bad for two days but since then he's been mostly fine. He's very good about taking care of them, always brushing after every meal and freaking out if he can't do it immediately. It's been an adjustment for him since it seems like he couldn't feel stuff on his face as well but he's getting the hang of it. So this is Noah's look for the next 18 months or so. Now if only I could get braces! I've never liked my buck teeth, ever since I was teased for them. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment