Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Christmas Eve 2017

For Christmas Eve we attended Parkview's service and then high tailed it over to my parents house. We were pretty starving for her delicious turkey meal and ready to commence the annual festivities.



I helped mom finish everything up and not long afterward we sat down for the food. I don't know what the deal was with my camera that night but it wouldn't focus on anything I wanted it to, though admittedly, Samuel's plate does look delicious.



She kindly made the littles these gluten free rolls, which as you can see, Ezra loved.



Nathan and Ana weren't present since they were in Michigan with her folks (and of course had been here for Thanksgiving) and Steve and Steph couldn't come again. So it was just the eight of us. I like Noah holding up that long piece of turkey, Ezra clutching his roll, Evie making a forced smile, Mom not even looking, Dad talking. Hey at least Terry and Samuel complied. He he.



I was there too! 



"Are you done yet? Can we eat yet?"



After eating until I was uncomfortably full, I cleaned up all the food and Terry and Noah washed the considerable pile. It was a first for Noah and it was good for him. Very helpful.



Considerable pile. 



The kids entertained themselves like normal in the living room while my mom rested.



I wanted to get a picture of dad also resting, though I can't remember why I didn't, and only snapped one of the pets resting. They have one more pet who is mortally terrified of all Others.



This was the view from the stairs when I came up. I called for a cleanup.  



Then I had the kids all line up in front of the tree for some {more} Christmas pics. Don't you love how Samuel and Ezra are fighting over that buzzing kitty toy? Ezra makes that mischievous face all the time.



They were more cooperative once Ezra had his kitty.  



The kids didn't get many gifts since their primary one had been given at early Christmas with Nathan and Ana, that giant swing. Evie is reacting to the Lego Ninjago movie they're opening. 



Mom and dad received the ninth annual Six Pack photo book...which took me hours and hours and hours! This was the most exhausting year yet with all those sabbatical trips.



Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 



Dad got his much desired motorcycling boots. 



Evie gave them a drawing and letter. Dad got Mom that hat.



Noah received a gift my dad had been deliberating on for a while.



A .22 rifle. How he'll have to take him to the shooting range, which will be wonderful. 



Daddy and Samuel took a look. 



Trying it out with some advice. 



Picture time. Again. But really, when is it not? I like Noah pushing Ezra around to get him into shape.



More forceful pushing and Samuel who clearly thought we were done. The good picture is at the beginning of this post.  



From there we went home, got the kids to bed around 9:30, and cleaned and prepared for Christmas the following day. Thankfully we already had the presents all wrapped (sometimes we've waited until the night before which is exhausting). We were so tired out but excited for the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment