Wednesday, January 17, 2018

the days after Christmas 2017 - sledding and toys

The days after Christmas are for building Legos, like this AT-AT of Noah's that he patiently waited until the day after to finally put together.



Samuel thought it was fun to watch. Notice all the lovely snow outside and that Samuel was still in his pajamas even though it was two o'clock in the afternoon.



All done!



Next we played downstairs with the new train tower.



Not long after, we bundled up and went into the frigid 6 degree weather for some sledding. The kids hadn't gone at all since last season and were begging to go. One of the last things Terry got me for Christmas was this unexpected seat warmer. The drivers seat heater is broken and I had no idea how cold leather could be without one!



So off they went.



Due to the cold it was very empty.



Going, going...



Gone.



Terry and I were sitting in the van due to the cold and I was testing the zooming capabilities of my new camera. I took this from like 30 feet away inside the van!



Of course I got in and out to take pictures and video though.



I took this video with my new camera. Much better than our previous camera, which would lose focus if you moved at all.



I love that tree.



Samuel and Ezra's hats kept rotating on their heads, making the ears cover their faces. :D



We had to fix them several times.



We had treated ourselves to some Starbucks with a gift card after a stop at the vacuum shop.



Just a couple more trips down.



Ready, set...



Done.



The following day we spent inside just relaxing. Samuel played the old Wii Fit biking around.



Noah and Evie raced cars on the new car track Terry built before Christmas. 



The littles played with their tower and trains.



Each of the kids got some Lego tape in their stockings. Most of it is in their rooms but Ezra opted to stick some on the edge of the Lego table.



My parents gave the cat one of their old toys but he was a lot less interested than I thought he'd be.



For bath time that evening the cat entertained himself by watching Ezra get washed up. He does that every time. I think he has grown used to his twice a month cat bath and maybe doesn't mind the water  as much as usual for cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment